WASTE Foundation is specialized in sanitation, solid waste and sustainable financing in emerging markets of these sectors. The Foundation has a solid base of 35 years of experience in the urban and peri-urban sanitation and solid waste sector and has an extensive network in more than thirty low- and middle-income countries.
Within both sectors WASTE has a portfolio focusing on value chains in waste and sanitation and setting up systems in which supporting existing businesses (formal and informal) by improving the waste and sanitation value chains.
Since 2016, WASTE Foundation is managed in quite a unique way. The WASTE professional staff are independent entrepreneurs, working together in the WASTE Cooperative. The Cooperative is active in acquiring work for the Foundation and responsible for the strategy development and future planning within the vision and mission of the WASTE Foundation.
This unique set-up asks for a new and dynamic Managing Director (up to 2 days per week) who is eager to inspire and work together with the WASTE Cooperative members towards the shared goals; and at the same time oversees the financial and administrative viability of the projects implemented by the members of the Cooperative.
Tasks and responsibilities:
General management of WASTE:
- Overall responsibility for the proper management and conduct of business of WASTE Foundation.
- Monitoring and guiding of execution of WASTE’s processes, procedures and audits.
- Ensuring the viability of WASTE Foundation
- Organising and coordinating regular meetings the Project Managers (members of the Cooperative) to maintain the coherence of WASTE.
- Representing Waste Foundation in collaboration with the members of the Cooperative
Are you our candidate?
- Academic degree at master’s level.
- Relevant professional and management experience of at least 15 years, with broad experience in development cooperation.
- Strong financial management including risk assessment and administrative skills and experience
- Knowledge of the main concepts and trends in the development sector, in particular in the international sanitation and solid waste sectors is an added value.
- Fluent in English, preferably Dutch and one other language (French, Spanish, Portuguese).
Are you interested in the above position? Please send your cover letter along with a curriculum vitae before 8th of December 2017 to the address below.
For more information:
Adriaan Ferf, Chairperson Supervisory Board WASTE Foundation, Tel.+3165364 8323 firstname.lastname@example.org