What we do
WASTE has been retained for the first time to consult to the Belgian Technical Cooperation (BTCCTB) in Mali. Using a combination of field work and ISWM (GIDD in French).
How we do it
Anne Scheinberg has formulated a 3-year project to consolidate the waste system in Sikasso, Mali The Belgion Technical Cooperation finacned a state of th eart landfil in Sikasso, and the landfill. The only one in Mali is functioning.
The project formulated focussed on:
- Strengthening primary collection by focussing on household level contracts with the GIEs (small entreprises)
- Broadening and reorganising secondary collection
- Introducing valorisation into all activities
- Populating the system with micro, small, formal and informal entreprises who provide services and valorise organic waste adn recycables as franchisees, concessionaries or contractors
- Strengthening the institutions, especially the municipality of Sikasso, to coordinate all actors and activities.