What we do
The Dutch development sector has its own support organisation, called PSO, which supports capacity development of Dutch development co-operation organisations and their partners. As a PSO member, WASTE has the opportunity to work closely with some of its South partners on developing new approaches, writing projects, producing websites and publications, and exploring knowledge management at a higher level.
With the aid of the PSO Learning trajectory, WASTE and 5 partners have started a Learning Group, to improve their expertise in knowledge management and learning capacities
How we do it
The Learning group is directly involved in the LWT and has agreed upon the following aims.
- Intensify collaboration between the Learning Group, making use of each others expertise (mainly on waste management and sustainable sanitation)
- Intensify collaboration among regional groups (networks), making use of each others expertise mainly on sustainable sanitation issues
- Improve own capacity as learning Knowledge Centres, and ability to anticipate on the requests of their clients.
- Within the wide range of types of Knowledge Centres find each niche (expand own expertise, and make use of others’).
Taking the above aims into account the final success indicators on the various levels will be:
- Level WASTE: By the end of the LWT-PSO WASTE implements its new partner policy and 20% of its annual projects and activities is partner organisation lead.
- Level relationship WASTE – PO: By the end of the LWT-PSO Partner Organisations have identified projects where the PO is the leading organisation, and WASTE participates as adviser only
- Level PO: By the end of the LWT-PSO Partner Organisations improved their capacity on knowledge management /learning organisation is such a way that they become eligible for (donor) project funding and are regarded as knowledge centres in their region