The 4 year project aims to create employment for over 10,000 young people in four years. The consortium of 4 organisations, SNV, ICCO, WASTE and APEJ will be working together each in their field of expertise.
The EJOM project is funded by the EU Trust Fund and has the objective to contribute to the development of economic opportunities for youth (men and women) and returning migrants in the regions of Kayes, Koulikoro, Gao and the district of Bamako, all areas where young Mali people face systemic employment challenges. The focus is on setting up small businesses and improving existing ones and helping them to grow.
Overall aims are to:
- Contribute to the self-employment and employment of young people (including women and disadvantaged groups)
- Promote the development of SMEs to contribute to the employment of young people (especially women and disadvantaged people);
- Contribute to the creation of a financial and educational environment conducive to youth employment.
The fields in which the various organisations will be working are:
- Horticulture and organic farming
- Solid waste management
- Food chains in urban agriculture
WASTE will be working with RUAF in the for cities, where WASTE will be focussing around solid waste management and employment, while RUAF will be focussing on the Food chains whithin the cities.