Integrated Sustainable Waste management (ISWM)
How to accomplish sustainable waste management
and a thriving business environment to support that?
Introducing a new system means a big change in how things are done. A sustainable system can only be robust and sustainable if different dimensions are taken into account when setting up, building and shaping the system.
How we do this?
We use the ISWM (Integrated Sustainable Waste Management) methodology that we have co-created and applied successfully in the field for the past 15 years.
ISWM helps us understand the WHO, HOW and WHAT of waste management and change. The model recognizes three important dimensions:
- Multiple stakeholders working together
- Building a stable service and value chain in waste management
- Enabling aspects that ensure sustainability
To create the right synergy within and between these elements we have developed the following approaches as part of the ISWM methodology:
- Diamond approach facilitating the interaction of different stakeholders enabling
a flow in finance and business in the waste sector;
- FIETS approach: ensuring that sustainability is probable;